Sunday, November 17, 2013

Naming my blog.
I was watching Doctor Who and heard the words, "Together or not at all."
These words resonated and struck a personal chord within my heart.
They apply to so many areas of my life. It is a theme with me in all of my relationships across the board. I can apply the words together or not at all to my marriage, my children, my family of origin,  my friendships, but mostly this blog is about how it applies to my relationship with the Lord.

It seemed appropriate to name a blog about overcoming betrayal trauma as well as other trauma throughout my life.

This is my journey of learning I have the ability to love and respect myself enough to walk my chosen path all on my own. I can invite loved ones to connect with me and walk together with me. It is an invitation. It is about strengthening my boundaries around the healthiness I will chose for myself or the unhealthiness I will walk away from.

"Connected or not at all," is how I am choosing to live my life. It applies to these key relationships and the goals  and boundaries I have placed around them.
Children come into this world ready and able to connect. It is over time, through our choices, through our traumas, and our addictions that we learn to disconnect from each other.

I have been carrying this disconnection for 33 years and I am finally drawing my line in the sand. I will live a connected life.

This does not mean my life will be trauma free or trial free. It means when the winds and storms of life come, I will be able to stand tall and not be knocked over. It means those key relationships no longer have the power to move or bend me. I chose what I let in. And I feel peace and safety with my protective line.

I am in a constant vigilant effort of extending my hand, offering my loved ones to walk with me connected and together, or not at all.






No comments:

Post a Comment